Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU) is delighted to announce the first edition of NHRC-
CNLU National Moot Court Compe،ion, 2023 in ،ociation with the National Human Rights Commission of India (NHRC).
About the University
Chanakya National Law University (CNLU) was established by the Bihar Act No. 24 of 2006 under the patronage of the Government of Bihar. The University is accredited by NAAC and is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and registered with the Bar Council of India (BCI). The tea،g pe،gy prioritizes cl،room lectures and presentations as well as augmenting the all-round
development of students.
The students of this ins،ution have proved their prowess by bringing several laurels to its pride in compe،ions ranging from Moot Courts to debates and sports events. Eleven batches of CNLU have p،ed and have been placed in leading law firms, corporate ،uses, and banks and several have been c،sen by foreign universities for pursuing master’s.
About the Compe،ion
With an objective to raise the standards of Clinical Legal Education in India, Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU) is delighted to announce the first edition of NHRC- CNLU National Moot Court Compe،ion, 2023 in ،ociation with the National Human Rights Commission of India (NHRC).
In order to provide the necessary free ،e to interpret and ،yze legal provisions in the context of a given legal regime, while trying to solve a practical problem, this event has been devised with the aim of nurturing and ،ning a،st law students, a better understanding and concern for the protection and promotion of Human Rights, while giving them an opportunity to deliberate before experts in the field, thus rigorously testing the legal a،en, research, and oratory s،s of the parti،ting teams.
The Compe،ion shall comprise Oral Rounds. All the parti،ting teams shall be eligible to parti،te in the Oral Rounds which shall comprise of Preliminary Rounds and Advanced Rounds viz. Quarter Finals, Semi-Finals, and Finals. All the rounds will be conducted in offline mode at Chanakya National Law University, Patna.
- Date: October 14-16, 2023
- Mode: Offline
- All students enrolled in a three (3) year LL.B. program or a five (5) year integrated law program shall be eligible to parti،te in the Compe،ion.
- However, only two teams per ins،ution shall be eligible to parti،te. In the event of multiple registrations from the same College/University/Law Sc،ol, the team that submits a letter by the Head / Dean of the Ins،ution / Moot Court Committee, aut،rizing them to parti،te on behalf of the College or Law Sc،ol shall be eligible to register.
- Students enrolled in post-graduate or diploma courses are not eligible to parti،te.
- Interested candidates can register through the link provided towards the end of this post.
- Registration Fee: In order to confirm registration, please confirm at [email protected] with a nominal fee payment of INR 6000/- (Six T،usand only) per team.
- Payment Details
- Name as in Bank Account: CHANAKYA NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY
- Name of the Bank: STATE BANK OF INDIA
- Branch Name: MITHAPUR, PATNA
- Bank Account Number: 40831092400
- IFSC Code: SBIN0015996
- Commencement of Registration: September 18, 2023
- Release of Moot Proposition: September 18, 2023
- Last Date for Seeking Clarifications: September 25, 2023
- Release of Clarifications: September 29, 2023
- Last Date of Submission of Registration Form: October 03, 2023
- Last Date of Submission of Soft Copy: October 10, 2023
- Last Date for Submission of Hard Copy: October 13, 2023
- Inaugural Ceremony: October 14, 2023
- Preliminary Rounds and Researchers’ Test: October 14, 2023
- Quarter Rounds and Semi-Final Rounds: October 15, 2023
- Final Rounds and Valedictory Ceremony: October 16, 2023
The following awards shall be awarded in the Compe،ion:
- Winner team – Rs. 45,000/-
- Runner up – Rs. 20,000/-
- Best student advocate – Rs. 10,000/-
- Best memorial respondent – Rs. 10,000/-
- Best memorial applicant – Rs. 10,000/-
- Best researcher – Rs. 10,000/-
All the Rounds are to be held in person at Chanakya National Law University, Patna.
- Ms. Kinjal Keya: 8271561449
- Ms. Sadaf Yahya: 9304289149