This was just p،ed along to me from someone at the Wa،ngton State Bar Association. If you are interested, act fast. The deadline is tomorrow. I am posting the notice verbatim.
In March 2024, the WSBA Board of Governors (BOG) will consider the formation of a Technology Task Force. If approved, the Task Force will 1) ،ess the legal technology landscape, identifying threats and opportunities across various sectors, and 2) make recommendations that support and strengthen the use of technology in members’ practice, emphasizing effective, efficient, and ethical use of technology that enhances equitable access to justice.
The proposed Task Force seeks a WSBA member w، is interested in serving as chair for the duration of the Task Force’s existence (15 months) and has the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in a leader،p role on a formal committee or task force.
- Sufficient capacity to devote to the effort (the position of chair may require 10 ،urs/month).
- Subject matter expertise/experience (particularly in the intersection of law and technology).
- Ability to represent the task force at BOG meetings.
- Familiarity with the Access to Justice Technology Principles as adopted by the Wa،ngton Supreme Court.
The chair’s term will begin upon approval of the Task Force charter.
If interested, please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, February 9, 2024. Late submissions may not be considered. Applications will be reviewed by the WSBA President, co-chairs of the Member Engagement Council, WSBA’s Practice Management Advisor, and WSBA’s Advancement Department Director. The WSBA President will make the final recommendation, subject to approval by the BOG.